Frank A. Traylor Elementry School is named in honor of Frank A. Traylor, a member of the Denver Public Schools Board of Education for sixteen years.
Frank A. Traylor took an active interest in community activities, particularly those which involved the welfare of children. For over thirty years he was a member and director of the Camp Chief Ouray, sponsored by the Y.M.C.A., and he was a teacher in the Y.M.C.A. He also served as a member of the Executive Board and a Camp Trustee of the Denver Boy Scouts. He served as president of the State Industries of the Blind for eight years, and was an active participant in the Community Chest and United Fund campaigns.
On May 9, 1948, Frank A. traylor was appointed to a membership on the Denver Public Schools Board of Education to fill a vacancy. He was elected for a six-year terms on May2, 1955 and May 16, 1961. He served as a vice president of the Board of Education from May 24, 1961 to May 29, 1963 and as president from May 15, 1957 to May 24, 1961. he remained a member of the Board until his death on September 13, 1963.
As a Tribute…
Frank A. Traylor, the one hundred seventeenth Denver Public School was named in his honor. The school opened on January 29, 1968, with 795 students. Facilities included two kindergartens, eleven primary classrooms, eight intermediate classrooms, two art and science rooms, a library, an auditorium, a gymnasium, a cafeteria, and a administrative area.