Click here to view the daily Weather Forecast
Keeping Students Safe at Traylor Fundamental Academy
As many of you know Henry Middle School, John F. Kennedy High School, and Traylor Fundamental Academy were placed on a lockout as a precaution on Monday, January 12 prior to Traylor’s school day start. This lockout occurred because of police activity in the surrounding neighborhood, and not as a result of any specific threat to our school. Traylor and the other schools in our neighborhood worked closely with DPS Safety and Security and Denver Police Department to ensure all students in our schools were safe. The lockout was lifted prior to the start of our school day at 9:00 AM. Please be assured that there is nothing more important to us than the safety and security of our students and staff.
Principal- Shayley Olson
Traylor Fundamental Academy Denver Public Schools
Colorado Academic Standards
The following is a DPS link for parent guides regarding the Colorado Academic Standards.
Complementary Ski Pass for Fifth- and Sixth-Graders
School of Shred is a ski program that supplies free ski passes to all DPS registered students in grades five and six. The free ski pass includes four days of skiing at each of the following resorts: Vail, Beaver Creek, Keystone, Breckenridge and Arapahoe Basin. The pass also includes one free lesson for first-time skiers or snowboarders. Please pass this information on to your fifth- and sixth-grade teachers and encourage parents to register their child by clicking here.
Citizenship Assemblies are scheduled for the 1st Monday of each month:
Feb. 2nd, Mar. 2nd, Apr. 7th (Tuesday due to Spring Break) & May 4th
- ECE & K—9:05-9:35am
- 1st & 2nd—9:40-10:15am
- 4th & 5th—10:20-11:00am
January & February
2015 Months at a Glance at Traylor Fundamental Academy
- Thursday, January 1- New Year’s Day- Holiday
- Friday, January 2- Vacation Day –No School
- Monday, January 5 – Planning/Assessment Day- NO SCHOOL FOR STUDENTS
- Tuesday, January 6 – Students Return
- Wednesday, January 7- Parenting with Love & Logic, 5:30-7:00 pm
- Monday, January 12- Balarat Student Meeting in classrooms 11:15am-12:15 pm
- National Western Stock Show Field Trip 2nd grade
- Wednesday, January 14 – Parenting with Love & Logic, 5:30-7:00 pm
- Thursday, January 15- Science Club, Room 107 or 208, 4:00-5:00 pm
- PBIS Meeting, 4:00 pm
- Balarat 5th Grade Parent Meeting 6:00 pm, Auditorium
- Monday, January 19- Martin Luther King Jr. Day-No School
- Wednesday, January 21-Community Resource Night (Literacy Night), 5:30-7:00 pm
- Bear Valley Improvement Assn., Aud., 7:00-9:00 pm
- Balarat 5th Grade
- Thursday, January 22- Balarat 5th Grade
- Monday, January 26th- CSC Meeting 5:15-6:15 pm
- Thursday, January 29- Spelling Bee Club to 2014-15 DPS Semantic Competition, at Slavens, 9:15 am-11:00 am
- The Hall of the Mountain King Performance, Gym 4th Grade, 1:30 pm
- ACCESS ELLs Testing Window January 12th-February 13th.
- PARCC Testing Window (Grades 3rd -5th) March 9th-27th.
- Monday, February 2 –Citizenship Assemblies, Auditorium
- Thursday, February 5- T.A.B.s Meeting, LR, 6:00 pm
- Wednesday, February 11- CSC Meeting 5:15-6:30 pm
- Thursday, February 12- Science Club, Room 107 or 208, 4:00-5:00 pm
- Monday, February 16- PRESIDENT’S DAY-NO SCHOOL
- Tuesday, February 17-PLANNING/ASSESSMENT DAY-NO STUDENTS
- Thursday, February 19-Spelling Bee Club to Temple Emanuel, 9:15am-12:00 pm
- Thursday, February 26-Community Resource Night (Math Night), 5:30-7:00 pm
- Monday, March 2- Citizenship Assemblies, Auditorium
- Thursday, March 5- T.A.B.s Meeting, LR, 6:00 pm
- Thursday, March 12- Science Club, Room 107 or 208, 4:00-5:00 pm
- Wednesday, March 18- Bear Valley Improvement Assn. Meeting, Audit. 7:00-9:00 pm
- Monday, March 30- Friday, April 3 – SPRING BREAK VACATION – NO SCHOOL
Thursday, January at 6:00pm
Reminder!!! The next TABS meeting is Thursday @ 6:00pm in the cafeteria.
Childcare for children under 11, pizza and refreshments will be provided. A Spanish interpreter (with headsets) will be available for those needing translation at the meeting Remember: all Traylor Families are automatically members of TABS and there are no fees or dues.
If you are interested in helping out for this month’s event or any other events in the future, please come by as all Traylor families and staff are welcomed at our meetings. Lets continue to support our school and make a difference for the children and Traylor Academy.
Thank you and we look forward to seeing you there!
Remember, our first day of school is Monday, August 25, 2014!
Make sure you add the following numbers to your phone contacts.Traylor Fundamental Academy Main Phone Number: 720-424-3480 Attendance Phone Number: 720-424-3490 Fax Number: 720-424-3505
Want to be “in the know” about Traylor events? Parents and Families can now receive text or email updates directly from Traylor! Stay in touch with the latest school happenings by signing up for Traylor notifications.
https://www.remind101.com/join/9bff0 or Text @9bff0 to 720-636-9429 to receive text messages to get started today!
Traylor Fundamental Academyhas completed the requirements for and is compliant with the 2010-2011 Emergency Response and Crisis Management Program.