Click here to view the daily Weather Forecast
Traylor’s Got Talent
Click here to view the slideshow of the Traylor Talent Show.
Citizenship Assemblies are scheduled for the 1st Monday of each month:
Feb. 2nd, Mar. 2nd, Apr. 7th (Tuesday due to Spring Break) & May 4th
- ECE & K—9:05-9:35am
- 1st & 2nd—9:40-10:15am
- 4th & 5th—10:20-11:00am
May & June 2015 Months at a Glance at Traylor Fundamental Academy
- Friday, May 1- Traylor Talent Show, JFK HS Auditorium 7:00 PM
- Monday, May 4- Citizenship Assemblies, Auditorium
- Traylor Shakespeare Players will preform
- Thursday, May 7- 2nd Grade Mother’s Day Tea Party, 10:00 AM
- T.A.B.S Parent Meeting, LR 6:00 PM
- Parents Please Join Us (Family Fun Night, Elections for next year’s board)
- Friday, May, 8th – TABS Staff Appreciation Lunch
- Monday, May 11th 5th Graders to Miners Maze Adventureland at Heritage Square 9:30-am-1:30pm
- Wednesday, May 13- No Classes for ECE Rooms 107 & 109, Parent Meeting @ Littleton Historical Museum 9:30 AM
- CSC Meeting, 5:15-6:30 PM
- Thursday, May 14- Science Fair, 1:00-3:30 PM
- ECE Room 108 Parent Meeting 3:00pm-3:40pm
- Friday, May 15th-
- Family Fun Night/ Carnival 6:00pm-8:00pm at Traylor Rain or Shine! Pre- Sale Tickets will be on sale at Lunch today, tickets will be sold (5)- $1.00 Cash Only.
- Here is a preview of a few of the games/ activities we will have on site. Dunk Tank (Bring your swim suit and towel if you want get dunked)Monster Trikes Inflatable- Skee Ball Game Inflatable- Tee Ball Hitting Game Base Ball Throw Nerf Dart Gallery Foot Ball Throw Bring Home the Bacon racing game Cover the Dot and many more games !
- Monday, May 18th 4th Grade Field Trip to Denver Museum of Nature and Science 9:00am-2:15pm
- Tuesday, May 19 – Family Math Night 5:30-7:00 PM
- Wednesday, May 20- Bear Valley Assoc. meeting in Auditorium 7:00-9:00 PM
- Thursday, May 21 2nd Grade Trip to Hudson Gardens 9:30am-1:00pm
- Friday, May 22- ECE/Kinder Field Day 9:15-11:15 AM
- 2nd Grade Spelling Bee, Auditorium 10:00 PM
- Monday, May 25- MEMORIAL DAY-NO SCHOOL
- Tuesday, May 26- Planning/ Assessment Day – No School for Students
- Wednesday, May 27- 1st/ 2nd Grade Field Day 9:15-11:15 AM
- Thursday, May 28- 3rd/4th Grade Field Day 9:15-11:15 AM
- Friday, May 29 - 5th Grade Field Day 9:15-11:15 AM
- Tuesday, June 2- 5th Grade to Crown Lanes Bowling, 9:30AM-12:00 PM
- 2nd Grade Bubble Party, Bates Hobart Park 10:00 AM
- Wednesday, June 3 – 5th Grade to Skate City, 9:30AM-12:00 PM
- 5th Grade Family Heritage Night
- Thursday, June 4-No Classes for ECE Rooms 107 & 109, Parent Meeting 10:00 AM
- 2nd Grade Barbeque, Bates Hobart Park 11:00 AM
- Friday, June 5- Last Day of School Half Day
- Monday, June 8- Friday, August 21- Summer Vacation
Thursday, May 7th at 6:00pm
Reminder!!! The next TABS meeting is Thursday, May 7thth @ 6:00pm in the cafeteria. Childcare for children under 11 will be provided. A Spanish interpreter will be available for those needing translation at the meeting.
We will be voting for open board positions at the May meeting, if you are interested in becoming more involved at Traylor please join us at the next meeting.
All Traylor Families are automatically members of TABS parent group and there are no fees or dues, everyone is welcome to join us at the monthly meetings. During the meetings Principal Olsen provides an update on school updates, and the parents group provides updates on upcoming events.
If you are interested in helping the parent group with any other events in the future, please come by as all Traylor families and staff are welcomed at our meetings. Lets continue to support our school and make a difference for the children and Traylor Academy.
Thank you and we look forward to seeing you there!
Bracelets will be sold for $1.00. The bracelets will be sold outside the lunch room before school.
Traylor Fundamental Academy Students Represent Denver SCORES at National Poetry SLAM! In New York City!
Two Traylor Academy students have been chosen to represent all of Denver SCORES at the National Poetry SLAM! in New York City, in all expenses paid trip by the America SCORES organization. Hilario Esparza and Analycia Baron, both Traylor 5th Grade students, will perform on April 13 at the Thomson Reuters Building in Times Square with 26 other scholar athletes from America SCORES programs throughout the county. They will be joined by Traylor’s SCORES writing coach and 2nd Grade Teacher, Debra Maldonado. This will be a red-carpet and star-studded event in New York City. The National Poetry SLAM! occurs each spring at venues such as HBO Studios, Harlem’s World Famous Apollo Theater and the New York Stock Exchange. Thousands of SCORES students take center stage at regional Poetry SLAM’s! for the opportunity to perform on a national stage—only 28 get the chance.
With students performing their original poetry, the event showcases the power of America SCORES to improve lives while celebrating the achievements of these outstanding elementary school youth. The SLAM! is attended by SCORES families, coaches and teachers from around the country, as well as representatives of top corporate, finance, sports/brands. In 2014, we had our first live webcast of the event, sponsored by News Corp. This year, there will be another live webcast of the event on April 13, and our school community at Traylor Fundamental Academy will be tuning in to support our awesome students!
To learn more about Denver SCORES, follow this link:http://www.americascores.org/affiliates/denver
Colorado Academic Standards
The following is a DPS link for parent guides regarding the Colorado Academic Standards.
Remember, our first day of school is Monday, August 25, 2014!
Make sure you add the following numbers to your phone contacts.Traylor Fundamental Academy Main Phone Number: 720-424-3480 Attendance Phone Number: 720-424-3490 Fax Number: 720-424-3505
Want to be “in the know” about Traylor events? Parents and Families can now receive text or email updates directly from Traylor! Stay in touch with the latest school happenings by signing up for Traylor notifications.
Traylor Fundamental Academyhas completed the requirements for and is compliant with the 2010-2011 Emergency Response and Crisis Management Program.