Traylor Academy 2900 S Ivan Way Denver, CO 80227 Main Office (720)424-3480 Attendance Line (720)424-3490 Fax (720)424-3505
Celebrate Traylor Academy’s 50th Anniversary on Friday, December 19,2017 from 6:00-7:00pm. Click here to view the flyer.
October 16, 2017
From the Principal
As we head into Thanksgiving week, I want to thank you all, and express my deep appreciation for your dedication to Traylor Academy and your belief that this is the best place for your child’s education. We, as a staff, are incredibly honored and grateful that you choose to have your child attend our school. We have the most dedicated staff, who work hard each and every day to provide the strongest instruction for your child and who provide great learning experiences. But it is because you let us work with your children that we work hard and strive to fulfill our vision of “Together we honor and cultivate a community that engages the head, guides the hands, and embraces the heart in a life-long love of learning.” Thank you for being part of the Traylor Academy learning community!!
Enjoy your Thanksgiving holiday, and we will see you on November 27!
Next Week at Traylor
- November 20th-24th - No School
- November 27th- Back to School
- November 28th TABS Meeting 6:00-7:00pm
- November 29th Trip to Genesee Park for Rooms 205 & 206
- November 29th TABS en Espanol 6:00-7:00pm
- November 30th School Store 8:30-8:50am
The Wonderful World of Writing 6:30-7:30pm
September 14, 2017 Roar Report
Click on the following link to read the September 2017 Roar Report
Next Week at Traylor
- September 19th Picture Day
- September 19th-22nd DPS Health Screening ECE-3rd and 5th grades
- September 21th 8:30-8:50am 1st Day of School Store
In the Weeks Ahead
- September 26th 6:00pm TABS Meeting
- September 27th 6:00pm Junta De Padres TABS En Espanol
- October 16th-20th Bookfair
WELCOME TO THE 2017-18 SCHOOL YEAR!!
We are very excited to welcome our Traylor Tiger students back to school in Monday, August 21! Summer is heading toward fall, and we are ready to get back to the fun and learning at school. Our new website is under construction and coming soon, but please return here often to get the most current Back-to-School information!
Important Dates and Information:
- Thursday, Aug. 17 – 3pm – Popsicles With the Teacher
- If you weren’t able to attend the Reveal Party to have your child meet their teacher, never fear! Join us on the playground from 3pm to 4pm to enjoy a popsicle while you meet this year’s teacher(s)!
- Monday, Aug. 21 – 8:45am – FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL
- The fun begins on the playground where Mrs. Carrico will welcome students back, and we all cheer students on as they enter the building for the 2017-18 school year!
- The Total Eclipse of the Sun – parents are welcome to join students on the playground/field to view the special solar event. Parents will need to bring their own special glasses, please. MORE DETAILS WILL BE COMING!
- The day ends at 3:45pm. THERE IS A NEW TRAFFIC PATTERN FOR PICKING UP STUDENTS! Please read about the new plan here (attached).
- Thursday, Aug. 31 – 5:30pm – 7:30pm – Back To School Night
- The teachers are excited to share their plans for the new year; please come to the auditorium at 5:30pm, and then visit the classrooms, joining us on the playground for treats and a fun raffle!
School Supply Lists:
If you purchased an EduKit for your child’s supplies, their box of supplies will be delivered directly to their classroom. If you did not purchase an EduKit, the supply lists are available here;
If your child’s teacher has given you directions about making supplies with your child’s name, please follow their directions. If you aren’t sure, go ahead and label the supplies.
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TRAYLOR ACADEMY!!
The opening of the 2017-18 school year marks Traylor Academy’s 50th Anniversary!! This wonderful school has served many families and students over the years, and is still a very important part of the Bear Valley neighborhood. Throughout this year we will be celebrating this momentous occasion with “50 Celebrations for 50 Years!” The staff is busy planning many different fun and educational events for families to take part in through the year, and we will have at least 50 fun events to help celebrate each of the 50 years! Our kickoff to this year-long celebration was the Reveal Party on Tuesday, August 8 — one down, 49 to go! Be sure to mark your calendars so that you and your family don’t miss even one opportunity to enjoy the celebration!
IMPORTANT NEWS — TRAFFIC ALERT — PLEASE READ!
DPS’s Safety and Security has designed a new traffic pattern for parents and students, to increase the safety of students during arrival and dismissal times. Please read and look over the graphic of the school area and streets so you know what to expect on the first, and every, day of the year.
There are four main areas for parents to note:
- The entire front of the building is reserved for school and daycare buses. No cars will travel on Ivan Way in front of the school in either direction.
- The south side of the building has two designated areas:
- ECE and Kindergarten parking and pick up: only ECE and Kindergarten parents will be allowed to park on Columbia and leave their cars to enter the building to pick up their child(ren). Parking is from the blue gates to Ivan Way, on either side of the street.
- From the blue gates and east on Columbia, this is the KISS ‘N GO area. You may park but YOU MUST STAY AT YOUR CAR and your child will walk down the street to meet you. You will then exit the area on S. Harlan Street (only)
- The north side of the building is where you can park and leave your car to meet your child on school grounds. You will not be able to drive down Ivan Way to exit.
Please be patient as parents and staff become accustomed to the changes over the first few weeks. Our ultimate goal is to keep our students and families safe in crossing the streets at crosswalks and reducing the number of moving vehicles in the immediate school area.
Weekly “Roar Report” Newsletter by Email
Be sure to update your email addresses through Parent Portal, or through the front office so that you receive each week’s electronic newsletter, the Roar Report. All of the important news and dates for activities at Traylor will be in this newsletter, as well as a TABS (the parent organization) update, classroom special events, neighborhood activities to take part in, and ways to get to know the Traylor staff. AND, we are being really green in saving trees by not sending home paper copies. (If you do not have an email account, the staff in the office would be happy to help you set one up; we can also take your request to have a paper copy sent home, too.) And be on the look-out, too, for weekly updates from your children’s teachers through email, too! Families are a very important part of our Traylor family, and we want to make sure you receive all of the communications from school.
UNDER CONSTRUCTION – A NEW TRAYLOR ACADEMY WEBSITE AND FACEBOOK PAGE
A totally new website will soon be unveiled. Be watching for the new change . . .
- Be sure to “Like” the new Traylor Academy Facebook page that will be up at before the school year begins! Photos of “all things Traylor” will be updated weekly on the Facebook page, so invite your relatives to also join the page to share the great learning at Traylor Academy.
TABS – Get involved!!!
The TABS (Traylor Academy Boosters) parent group is on fire!! Caitlin Farrell, the new TABS leader, and her crew have a lot of new things they are working on, and encourage all parents to become involved and be part of the great Traylor Academy family!
Traylor Academy Boosters organization is a group of parents, extended families, teachers, and community members dedicated to improving parent and community involvement within Traylor Fundamental Academy. TABS hosts numerous events throughout the school year to support teachers and provide memorable and academically enriching activities for students to participate in.
The biggest focus of TABS at the beginning of this year is to introduce the position of “Class Captain“ (a more inclusive version of a “class mom” or “class parent”).
The goal is for every classroom to have two volunteer Class Captains (parents, grandparents, legal guardians, etc.) who:
- Attend monthly TABS meeting, relaying necessary information to teacher (these will be the last Tuesday of the month, 6PM-7PM, the first being on August 29th)
- Assist with in-class parties/ celebrations
- Support whole school events, and Help teacher with other classroom tasks, as decided by teacher.
If you are interested in becoming a Class Captain, please contact Caitlin Farrell at firstname.lastname@example.org
Also visit the TABS Website at http://traylorparents.weebly.com
Click here to view the daily Weather Forecast
Click here to view the district calendar.
Traylor’s Got Talent
Click here to view the slideshow of the Traylor Talent Show.
Colorado Academic Standards
The following is a DPS link for parent guides regarding the Colorado Academic Standards.