Click here to view the daily Weather Forecast
Bracelets will be sold for $1.00. The bracelets will be sold outside the lunch room before school.
Traylor Fundamental Academy Students Represent Denver SCORES at National Poetry SLAM! In New York City!
Two Traylor Academy students have been chosen to represent all of Denver SCORES at the National Poetry SLAM! in New York City, in all expenses paid trip by the America SCORES organization. Hilario Esparza and Analycia Baron, both Traylor 5th Grade students, will perform on April 13 at the Thomson Reuters Building in Times Square with 26 other scholar athletes from America SCORES programs throughout the county. They will be joined by Traylor’s SCORES writing coach and 2nd Grade Teacher, Debra Maldonado. This will be a red-carpet and star-studded event in New York City. The National Poetry SLAM! occurs each spring at venues such as HBO Studios, Harlem’s World Famous Apollo Theater and the New York Stock Exchange. Thousands of SCORES students take center stage at regional Poetry SLAM’s! for the opportunity to perform on a national stage—only 28 get the chance.
With students performing their original poetry, the event showcases the power of America SCORES to improve lives while celebrating the achievements of these outstanding elementary school youth. The SLAM! is attended by SCORES families, coaches and teachers from around the country, as well as representatives of top corporate, finance, sports/brands. In 2014, we had our first live webcast of the event, sponsored by News Corp. This year, there will be another live webcast of the event on April 13, and our school community at Traylor Fundamental Academy will be tuning in to support our awesome students!
To learn more about Denver SCORES, follow this link:http://www.americascores.org/affiliates/denver
Colorado Academic Standards
The following is a DPS link for parent guides regarding the Colorado Academic Standards.
Complementary Ski Pass for Fifth- and Sixth-Graders
School of Shred is a ski program that supplies free ski passes to all DPS registered students in grades five and six. The free ski pass includes four days of skiing at each of the following resorts: Vail, Beaver Creek, Keystone, Breckenridge and Arapahoe Basin. The pass also includes one free lesson for first-time skiers or snowboarders. Please pass this information on to your fifth- and sixth-grade teachers and encourage parents to register their child by clicking here.
Citizenship Assemblies are scheduled for the 1st Monday of each month:
Feb. 2nd, Mar. 2nd, Apr. 7th (Tuesday due to Spring Break) & May 4th
- ECE & K—9:05-9:35am
- 1st & 2nd—9:40-10:15am
- 4th & 5th—10:20-11:00am
January & February
2015 Months at a Glance at Traylor Fundamental Academy
- Thursday, January 1- New Year’s Day- Holiday
- Friday, January 2- Vacation Day –No School
- Monday, January 5 – Planning/Assessment Day- NO SCHOOL FOR STUDENTS
- Tuesday, January 6 – Students Return
- Wednesday, January 7- Parenting with Love & Logic, 5:30-7:00 pm
- Monday, January 12- Balarat Student Meeting in classrooms 11:15am-12:15 pm
- National Western Stock Show Field Trip 2nd grade
- Wednesday, January 14 – Parenting with Love & Logic, 5:30-7:00 pm
- Thursday, January 15- Science Club, Room 107 or 208, 4:00-5:00 pm
- PBIS Meeting, 4:00 pm
- Balarat 5th Grade Parent Meeting 6:00 pm, Auditorium
- Monday, January 19- Martin Luther King Jr. Day-No School
- Wednesday, January 21-Community Resource Night (Literacy Night), 5:30-7:00 pm
- Bear Valley Improvement Assn., Aud., 7:00-9:00 pm
- Balarat 5th Grade
- Thursday, January 22- Balarat 5th Grade
- Monday, January 26th- CSC Meeting 5:15-6:15 pm
- Thursday, January 29- Spelling Bee Club to 2014-15 DPS Semantic Competition, at Slavens, 9:15 am-11:00 am
- The Hall of the Mountain King Performance, Gym 4th Grade, 1:30 pm
- ACCESS ELLs Testing Window January 12th-February 13th.
- PARCC Testing Window (Grades 3rd -5th) March 9th-27th.
- Monday, February 2 –Citizenship Assemblies, Auditorium
- Thursday, February 5- T.A.B.s Meeting, LR, 6:00 pm
- PJ Day- With a $1.00 donation students can wear pajamas to help Denver’s Road Home organization supporting homeless in our city.
- Thursday, February 12- Science Club, Room 107 or 208, 4:00-5:00 pm
- Monday, February 16- PRESIDENT’S DAY-NO SCHOOL
- Tuesday, February 17-PLANNING/ASSESSMENT DAY-NO STUDENTS
- Wednesday, February 18- CSC Meeting 5:15-6:30 pm
- Thursday, February 19-Spelling Bee Club to Temple Emanuel, 9:15am-12:00 pm
- Thursday, February 26-Community Resource Night (Math Night), 5:30-7:00 pm
- Monday, March 2- Citizenship Assemblies, Auditorium
- Thursday, March 5- T.A.B.s Meeting, LR, 6:00 pm
- Thursday, March 12- Science Club, Room 107 or 208, 4:00-5:00 pm
- Wednesday, March 18- Bear Valley Improvement Assn. Meeting, Audit. 7:00-9:00 pm
- Monday, March 30- Friday, April 3 – SPRING BREAK VACATION – NO SCHOOL
- Wednesday, April 22nd Traylor Family Science Night, click on link below to view flyer.
Thursday, April 9th at 6:00pm
Reminder!!! The next TABS meeting is Thursday, April 9th @ 6:00pm in the cafeteria. Childcare for children under 11 will be provided. A Spanish interpreter will be available for those needing translation at the meeting. All Traylor Families are automatically members of TABS parent group and there are no fees or dues, everyone is welcome to join us at the monthly meetings. During the meetings Principal Olsen provides an update on school updates, and the parents group provides updates on upcoming events.
If you are interested in helping the parent group with any other events in the future, please come by as all Traylor families and staff are welcomed at our meetings. Lets continue to support our school and make a difference for the children and Traylor Academy.
Thank you and we look forward to seeing you there!
Remember, our first day of school is Monday, August 25, 2014!
Make sure you add the following numbers to your phone contacts.Traylor Fundamental Academy Main Phone Number: 720-424-3480 Attendance Phone Number: 720-424-3490 Fax Number: 720-424-3505
Want to be “in the know” about Traylor events? Parents and Families can now receive text or email updates directly from Traylor! Stay in touch with the latest school happenings by signing up for Traylor notifications.
Traylor Fundamental Academyhas completed the requirements for and is compliant with the 2010-2011 Emergency Response and Crisis Management Program.