The Top Ten Countdown — 10 Reasons Traylor Academy is Special:
10. Traylor Academy has been part of Denver Public Schools for 50 years! It’s our anniversary year!
9. We have a lot of fun traditions at Traylor Academy; one of them is the Halloween Monster Mash dance and dinner each year!
8. We have third-generation families who are choosing to have their grandchildren attend Traylor Academy, even if they don’t live in the neighborhood.
7. We get to be involved in Kennedy High School’s celebrations, and partner with Henry World and Bear Valley International School in many activities.
6. We believe that children should have physical movement classes every day — PE and dance!
5. We have Spanish-speaking instruction classrooms at each grade level, from ECE to 5th grade (the TNLI program).
4. We are nearly 1-to-1 with Chromebooks from grades 3 through 5.
3. We have a very strong teacher coaching model, where coaches work with a group of 6-8 teachers, observing instruction, and learning together through feedback, in order to improve the learning experience for students.
2. Our teachers care about all aspects of their students — academic, social, emotional, and physical — and make home visits to build relationships with the whole family, too.
And the #1 reason Traylor Academy is special:
Traylor Academy has the best students in all of Denver attending this great school!!